Coming Soon! In version 4.0 of AppV_Manage, we will have an optional (paid for) feature to generate package documentation in Microsoft Word format. This work is an outgrowth of the package analyzer function. In version 4 I have enhanced the analysis, going beyond reporting on extensions reported by App-V but also analyzing the package contents to see some of what the packager didn’t notice.
The report generator does not require word to be loaded on the test VM (but obviously you’ll need Word somewhere to view the file). At a click of a button the report will document items such as:
- Basic package details, names, guids, sizes
- Package history
- Extension Summary
- Details on each extension type
- Potential issues with certain extensions
- “Bad Package” conditions, including shortcuts and progids
- Executable component analysis
- DCOM analisys
- Driver and ODBC analysis
- Integrations present with Explorer, IExplore, and Office Apps
To peak your curiosity, take a look at the following sample reports:
Let us know what you think about this new capability in the new TMurgent App-V tools forum on the main website.