|Type:||Licensed with free trial||MSIX Download|
|Version:||22.214.171.124||April 23, 2021||Download MSIX file from here.|
TMEditX is a tool for editing MSIX Packages to inject the Package Support Framework and improve Application Compatibility.
Best-of-breed tool for MSIX Packaging. TMEditX is a standalone MSIX Package Editor that analyzes the original intent of the MSI/EXE installer and provides the highest level of application compatibility available under MSIX, what we call "High Fidelity"
Use the Microsoft MSIX Packaging Tool for what it is good at -- capturing the intent of the installer and producing a basic MSIX package. Then use TMEditX to diagnose and improve your package.
- Adjusted the way trial mode works to overcome issue with vendor software running inside the MSIX container. Who knew MSIX would have compatibility issues? The trial is no longer capped at 30 days, however randomly functionality is disabled to let you test the full features yet incentivize you to eventually buy.
- Overcame MSIX interference with Event logging. The tool now uses it's own event logs, including a new debug log that may be enabled.
- Added new fixup that detects the presence of Event Trace for Windows (ETW) Manifest files. The potential fixup creates all the necessary additions to the AppXManifest to support the app use of ETW, however will be silently ignored by AppInstaller until the support is added there. It doesn't seem like the support made it to 21H1, so maybe 21H2. (Note: TMEditX works around this using code changes).
- Improved package graphics.
- Rename MsixDeploy to TMMsixDeploy so that they appear together in the start menu. This app is mostly a placeholder for future functionality but displays information on package installations.
- Fix in TMMsixDeploy to detect when Microsoft incorrectly states time to install.
- TMMsixDeploy now supports dark mode (not in TMEditX yet).
Download here: TMEditX 126.96.36.199.
- The initial public release.
Download here: TMEditX 188.8.131.52.