|Type:||Licensed with free trial||MSIX Download||AppInstaller Download (with updates)|
|Version:||184.108.40.206||Sept 27, 2021||Download MSIX file from here.||Download AppInstaller file from here.|
TMEditX is a tool for editing MSIX Packages to inject the Package Support Framework and improve Application Compatibility.
TmMsixDeploy is a tool to help with the testing of MSIX packages and is included.
Best-of-breed tools for MSIX Packaging.
- TMEditX is a standalone MSIX Package Editor that analyzes the original intent of the MSI/EXE installer and provides the highest level of application compatibility available under MSIX, what we call "High Fidelity"
- TmMsixDeploy is a tool for Editing and installing/uninstalling MSIX packages, Deploying AppInstaller files, creating/deploying SharedPackageContainers, and more. It is the perfect companion to TMEditX so that you may test and debug in a single package.
Use the Microsoft MSIX Packaging Tool for what it is good at -- capturing the intent of the installer and producing a basic MSIX package. Then use TMEditX to diagnose and improve your package.
ABOUT DOWNLOAD FORMATS:
- The MSIX file will install the designated version and never check for updates.
- The AppInstaller file will install the latest MSIX package from our server, and then watch for updates and silently update the product as new versions are released. It uses both the OnLaunch and AutomaticBackground style detections and is set to not interfere with the user or prompt them for the installation.
- TMEditX: Updated PSF to TMurgent Branch 2021.09.26 release. This corrects many problems. See New home for the PSF: 2021 Sept – Confessions of a Guru (tmurgent.com) for details.
- TMEditX: Always add both 32 and 64-bit PSF components and bring back PsfRunDllxx.exe to ensure PSF may be applied to packages containing both 32 and 64 bit components.
- TMEditX: Added cmd line option capabilities. You may now automatically analyze, apply the PSF, save, and sign your packages from a script. See TMEditX CmdLine Options for details..
- TMEditX: Fix Issue that prevented removal of files on the v.Files tab.
- TMEditX: Fix issue in applying the WaitForDebugger fixup.
- TMEditX: Removed some older options that are no longer applicable to simplify the UI.
- Both: Added Windows 11 styling
- TmEditX: Add support for save as CIM (requires 21H1 OS).
- TmMsixDeploy : Added support for working with Bundles
- TmMsixDeploy : Added support for URL replacement in AppInstaller Files
- TmMsixDeploy : Added support for mounting CIM (requires 21H2 OS).
|NOTE: Due to limitations imposed by Microsoft, as our Code signing certificate used previously expired the package lineage will be broken. For this release, you must uninstall the old version and install the new.|
- TmMsixDeploy : Added full support for AppInstaller files and installed AppInstallers. Also now supporting updater settings.
- TmMsixDeploy : Added full support for Shared Package Container files and installs.
- TmMsixDeploy : Added support for signature validation (whether your system has the cert installed).
- TmMsixDeploy : Added compression ratios to the package UNC display.
- TmMsixDeploy : Reorganized Package UNC display.
- TmMsixDeploy : Fix for Dark Mode when creating Shared Package Containers and selecting files.
- TmMsixDeploy : Update AppInstaller format for 2008 schema.
- TMEditX: Added analysis and support for applications with Event Manifest files to Migrate the registration into the AppXManifest file.
- TMEditX: Added analysis and support for applications that have firewall rules set. Note: There is a bug in the Microsoft MSIX Packaging Tool that is currently causing the original installer registrations to be filtered out of the package prior to saving the package. This feature will only light up once Microsoft resolves this issue.
- TMEditX: Added support for Windows Applications in Dark Mode.
- TMEditX: General cleanup of the user interface and improvement in graphics.
- TmMsixDeploy: Creation of Package, AppInstaller, and SharedPackageContainer support. This tool previously was a placeholder for future functionality and now the future is here. Use this app to find your packages and associated files on the share, then work with them via right-click in this tool to edit/install/remove.
- Adjusted the way trial mode works to overcome issue with vendor software running inside the MSIX container. Who knew MSIX would have compatibility issues? The trial is no longer capped at 30 days, however randomly functionality is disabled to let you test the full features yet incentivize you to eventually buy.
- Overcame MSIX interference with Event logging. The tool now uses it's own event logs, including a new debug log that may be enabled.
- Added new fixup that detects the presence of Event Trace for Windows (ETW) Manifest files. The potential fixup creates all the necessary additions to the AppXManifest to support the app use of ETW, however will be silently ignored by AppInstaller until the support is added there. It doesn't seem like the support made it to 21H1, so maybe 21H2. (Note: TMEditX works around this using code changes).
- Improved package graphics.
- Rename MsixDeploy to TMMsixDeploy so that they appear together in the start menu. This app is mostly a placeholder for future functionality but displays information on package installations.
- Fix in TMMsixDeploy to detect when Microsoft incorrectly states time to install.
- TMMsixDeploy now supports dark mode (not in TMEditX yet).
Download here: TMEditX 220.127.116.11.
Version 18.104.22.168: Download here: TMEditX 22.214.171.124.
Version 126.96.36.199: Download here: TMEditX 188.8.131.52.
Version 184.108.40.206: Download here: TMEditX 220.127.116.11.
Version 18.104.22.168: Download here: TMEditX 22.214.171.124.