PsfTooling version 5.0 is now released.
- It is available for download now from the TMurgent site: PsfTooling (tmurgent.com)
- It is now available from the Microsoft Store: PsfTooling at Microsoft Store
Included in this release:
- PSF release 2022.02.28. Described in this post: PSF Feb 2022 Updates – Confessions of a Guru (tmurgent.com). This also includes the changes in the January PSF release that had not been included in PsfTooling yet. Those changes are documented in this post: New in the PSF v2022.01.19 – Confessions of a Guru (tmurgent.com)
- An updated and simplified workflow that guides you through the 4 steps to add the PSF. Just follow 1,2,3, and 4.
- Application analysis now automatically selects fixups that are detected.
- Supports the launching of applications that need elevation by injecting the external manifest option for PsfLauncher.
- Supports apps that place shortcuts to cmd/bat files, document files, or directly run PowerShell scripts.
- Numerous fixes in the FileRedirectionFixup to handle the layering correctly in apps that detect file paths used.
- Support in DynamicLibraryFixup for apps that contain both 32 and 64 bit dlls.
- Simplified the config.json file by using the generic wildcard for processes previously only supported in TMEditX.
- The Test_PEInfo tool is updated to add both .Net and Manifest detections.