Today there is a new version of PsfTooling up in the Microsoft Store. A free tool, it works in conjunction with the Microsoft MSIX Packaging Tool to add and configure the MSIX Package Support Framework into your package capture.
So what’s new in version 4.1?
- Added a button to analyze and suggest fixups (see image below). At this point it detects several conditions that imply that the FileRedirectionFixup is needed, but over time additional tests will be added.
- Fix for applications that install into %LocalAppData% folders.
- Fix for scenario when PsfMonitor launch folder placement when working directory for the target is set different than the folder that the target exe lives in.
- Removed prompt when a FTA command needed different command line arguments to the same exe as is used in a shortcut. The tool just does the right thing for you automatically now.
- Fix an offset that caused the display in several detail popup windows of the tool to be cut off on the left side.
- Fix spelling in UI for WaitForDebugger.