Thought I would pass this on.
Microsoft is aware of it already and confirmed it is an issue. Although it, at first glace, appears that adding a File Type Association while in the sequence editor causes the sequencer to crash, I can confirm that on other apps I can add new file associations just fine.
OS: Windows 7 SP1 x86
App: PaintDotNet 3.5.10
- Custom installation, uncheck Desktop shortcut and Auto Updates.
- Continue to modify the package in the “Sequence Editor”.
- Select the “Shortcuts and FTAs” tab.
- Open the file associations for the application. There will be two FTAs, but I decide I want one for png.
- Right click add new association. Name it “png” with perceived type “image” (just like the other two).
- Save the package.
- See this:
- Detail states it was an attempt to dereference a null pointer
- Workaround is to manually add FTA while in monitoring mode.
- Appears to be specific to this or only some apps. Other apps I tried this with had no issue.