The Package Support Framework (PSF) was originally an open-source project to help Win32/DotNet applications run when inside an MSIX Container. TMurgent has taken up the support for the PSF in our own fork here on GitHub.
A new update to the PSF has been released. From the release notes:
- PsfRuntime: Fix in debug build when call to SetDllDirectory was made with a null directory, which would cause the call to crash.
- MfrFixup: Fix when ShellExecute was called that caused a recursive loop crashing the app.
- PsfRuntime: Added additional debug output in process launching for both release and debug builds.
- RegLegacyFixup: Added additional debug output in debug build when delete calls are made.
My fork of the Package Support Framework is found on GitHub here: TimMangan/MSIX-PackageSupportFramework: The Package Support Framework (PSF) is a kit for applying compatibility fixes to packaged desktop applications. (github.com). In addition to the source, the release file has pre-built binaries that can be directly used by you.
The v2023.08.13 version will be included in the next releases of the following tools (keep an eye out for future announcements):
- PsfTooling: Version 22.214.171.124 or later
- TMEditX: Version 126.96.36.199 or later