AVME: Version History
The AppVManifestEditor (AVME) version history of versions is provided here.
Released December 9, 2020
- Fixes issues with certain types of shell extensions that default "bitness" parameter.
- Replaced the numeric up-down UI gadget (no longer available from vendor) with text input boxes.
- Tool version now visible on the title bar.
- Installer framework upgraded from Wix Installer.
Released June 26, 2017
- Added support to drop a Manifest file onto the AVME EXE or Shortcut to open it.
- Reviewed the output of saving without editing on a collection of over 40 packages. This resulted in the following:
- Fix a few xml items that had not been seen before and were not saved in the same way. Some of these prevented import back into the sequencer.
- Make output xml match input xml (except for stupid formatting on the original by the sequencer for Properties and Scripts where whitespace was not used).
- Improved the experience for script editing:
- Make it more obvious that user has not selected the editing checkbox on a script via visuals and disabling.
- Added Reg.exe to list of known commands
- Add tooltip to script arguments field to give a hint at the syntax needed for the selected path exe.
- Added additional tooltips were added throughout the user interface.
Released June 18, 2017
- Fixed issues with certain packages with questionably defined Windows Services.
Released May, 2017
- Fixed issues with environment variables.
Released February 20, 2017
- Fixed issues with certain packages on file output XML leading to bad packages. Specifics include:
Released January 31, 2017
- Added ScriptLauncher tool to the list of pulldown programs in script editing. You would need to download this free tool from the TMurgent website and copy into the scripts folder in the sequence editor.
- Fixed window title to reflect the product and file open.
Released January 13, 2017
- Added support for Server 2016 and WIndows 10 OS Tag.
Released October 12, 2016
- Fixed write order for "ignorables" to match the original client order.
- Fix reading of OSVersion fields to include Windows 10.
- Fix on moving items left/right in OS selections.
- Fix to avoid bug in xml parser that caused certain items to be skipped on read.
- Fix to handle both ways that object exclusion may be indicated (seem with converted packages).
- Improvements on visibility when editing scripts.
Released , July 2016
- Fix for support to 64-bit shell extensions with Bitness attribute (SearchHandler, StaticSearchHandler, IconOverLayHandler, ShellExtensionRegularClass)
- Changed "..." button label to "Edit".
- Support for Windows 10 Client.
Change notes were lost. Some preliminary changes for support of WIndows 10 included.
Released September 7, 2015
- Corrected UTF
- Fix on certain shell extensions (Bitness="0" issue)
- Improved certain extension information displayed.
Released August 30, 2015
- Support for multiple Application Intelligence records. Also support for you to add an ApplicationIntelligence record when one does not exist.
- Support for modifying the Startup Type on Virtual Services
- Text and Fonts updated.
- Rollover tooltips added to columns of Extension items that are too complicated to display on the screen without it becoming too cluttered. This includes FTAs, URLs, Application Capabilities, COM, and ActiveX.
- All disable checkboxes now function for file save operation.
- Fix bug when disabling (deleting) virtual services.
- Fix bug on default COM Mode when not specified in file.
- Fix two bugs where Sequencer does not appear to use it's own manifest schema.
- Numerous other small display fixes.
Released August 17, 2015
Includes some bug changes do to differences between 5.1 prelease and final release.
Released on the same day as App-V 5.1.