This class will be conducted by Tim Mangan
Course held at the training center at:
+41 31 382 44 44
Class # 107
Intended for IT Professionals involved in application packaging and desktop composition.
The unique style of training used accommodates both novices to App-V and/or MSIX, and those that have had substantial packaging experience. We cover all of the basics and provide time for students to challenge more difficult applications they bring with them, with expert guidance available when needed.
As part of the class you will receive the 3 Companion Guides.
Over 450 pages of what some call "the missing Packaging Books".
For remote students these may be delivered prior to the class to either your company or to individual home addresses. Please specify when registering.
Packaging in App-V and MSIX
07-18 June 2021
At RealStuff Informatik, Bern Switzerland
Presented by TMurgent Technologies
Status: SEATS AVAILABLE
NOTE: Due to the ongoing pandemic, the class will become remote only. This means that the class would run 4 hours per day starting on the 7th of June and ending on the 18th. The hours for the remote class would be 13:00-17:00 each day local swiss time.
TMurgent is bringing Tim Mangan and his world renowned training back to Switzerland, and this time we cover the world of Packaging for App-V and MSIX. This is the first publicly scheduled class for such training in the world!
The Experts Packaging for App-V and MSIX classe will be run by TMurgent. This 5-day class consolidates our world-famous App-V training classes and expands upon that to help you prepare for the future of MSIX as well. We will provide you with both theory and practical hands-on experience in our training lab. This class is both for those who are new to App-V and/or MSIX and those with prior experience already.
The course is designed for people with a general background in IT and/or Packaging. We take students with or without prior experience in App-V.
There are no hard pre-requisites to be able to take the class, however, the following are helpful:
- Knowledge and experience with general Microsoft Server Administration.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL Server Administration.
- Experience with other "packaging" techniques helpful.
- Experience with App-V Administration and Sequencing.
Remote students (only) will be required to build your own VMs at your site prior to the start of the class:
- Each student will require two Windows VMs.
- Our pre-class prep kit will provide detailed written instructions, a video introduction to building the VMs, and installers for the tools needed.
- Any type of hypervisor may be used, but the student must have access to create and revert to "snapshots".
- You will need additional storage on a share for the application installers and created packages.
- It is highly recommended that students have two monitors, microphone, video camera, and earphones.
In-person students (when available) need to bring a laptop with wireless lan to tap into lab equipment provided.
While we recommend the in-person experience, this class will also accept remote students in this 5-day 8 hour/day format.
|IT Pro Experts Packaging for App-V & MSIX
A hands-on class where you will learn the concepts, techniques, and latest tricks to be successful and packaging and configuring applications for delivery within the Enterprise using both Microsoft App-V and MSIX.
Whether you use modern or traditional application delivery methods, the applications your company depends on must be customized, and in many cases remediated to work in today’s desktops. MSIX is the future for new applications, you will also need App-V because MSIX will be much more work for older apps and is currently incompatible with many of your apps.
- Concepts of Packaging
- Principals and rules of Packaging
- Anatomy of an installer package and the Windows API
- Principals of Redirection and Copy-on-Write
- Layering, Filter Drivers, Function hooking, and Dll Injection
- Overview of Delivery Options
- Including App-V Server, SCCM, Intune, Store for Business, and PowerShell
- Fundamentals of the App-V Package Format and Runtime
- Fundamentals of the MSIX Package Format and Runtime
- Setting up VMs for Packaging and Testing
- Setting up an App-V Sequencing Station
- Setting up a MSIX Capture Station
- Setting up a “Smoke Test” Station
- Packaging with App-V and MSIX
- 7 Hands-on Labs covering App-V Best Practices, VFS and PVAD techniques, Plug-Ins, Connection Groups, RunVirtual, Pellucidity, Scripting, Templates, and Advanced Functions.
- 7 Hands-on Labs covering MSIX Best Practices, VFS and Specified Install Folder techniques, Modification Packages, PSF Fixes.
- PowerShell for App-V and MSIX
- Debugging Techniques for App-V and MSIX
- Using Third Party Tools with App-V and MSIX
- Conversion from App-V to MSIX
3790,00 CHF per participant.
Registration: All In-person students plus all Switzerland Region students:
Registration: Benelux Region (Remote students only):
This course is open to the public with registration through our partner PDS.
Contact PDS using this link.
Registration Swiss Region (Remote students only):
Registration Czech Region (Remote students only):
Registration Elsewhere (Remote students only):
|This course is open to the public via the registration below through TMurgent (or your local partner in certain regions).
|Full 10-day class:
||4300,00 CHF per participant. Payable in advance by any major credit card (through PayPal), or by check or Purchase Order
|To register wvia TMurgent, click on the link below:
Notes: Book today as space is limited.
Registration will close 30 days prior to class in order to ship the right number of training guides to the site (or remote student location).
- Pre-event pack and video call (remote students only)
- 5 days of Masters Level Microsoft Application Virtualization & MSIX Packaging course with Tim Mangan.
- Access to Hands-on Lab.
- Lunches all 5 days (in-person students only).
- The Companion Guides for Concepts, App-V Sequencing, and MSIX Packaging.
- Post event video call, scheduled at your convenience up to 6 months from class completion.
Hotel Information for in-person students: