This class will be conducted by Tim Mangan
Online class for remote participation.
Class # 119
As part of the class, you will receive the 2 Companion Guides.
Over 400 pages of what some call "the missing Packaging Books".
For remote students these may be delivered prior to the class to either your company or to individual home addresses. Please specify when registering.
Packaging in MSIX
Feb 26 - 29, 2024
March 4 - 7, 2024
Presented by TMurgent Technologies
Status: CLOSED REGISTRATION CLOSED
World-wide daily class schedule for 8-day
TMurgent is continuing our world renowned MSIX training with remote learning. Since the pandemic started, we have heard from some customers that they need the training but just still can't, or don't want to, travel.
This class is widely considered to be the ultimate place to learn about MSIX Packaging, and will be delivered remotely, allowing you to train from work or home without travel.
|Book With Confidence / No Cancelation Policy: Whenever a single student is registered and confirmed for a class, we will not cancel the class. Period.
The Masters Level MSIX Packaging class will be run by TMurgent. This 8-day class (4 hours/day) will provide you with both theory and practical hands-on experience in our training lab. This class is both for those who are new to MSIX, and those with prior experience already.
The class will be held online at a time optimally convenient to Europeans and Americans.
Note: The class is an 8-day class for 4 hours each day.
The course is designed for people with a general background in IT and/or Packaging. We take students with or without prior experience in App-V.
There are no hard pre-requisites to be able to take the class, however, the following are helpful:
- Knowledge and experience with general Microsoft Server Administration.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL Server Administration.
- Experience with other "packaging" techniques helpful.
- Experience with App-V Administration and Sequencing.
Remote students (only) will be required to build your own VMs at your site prior to the start of the class:
- Each student will require two Windows VMs.
- Our pre-class prep kit will provide detailed written instructions, a video introduction to building the VMs, and installers for the tools needed.
- Any type of hypervisor may be used, but the student must have access to create and revert to "snapshots".
- You will need additional storage on a share for the application installers and created packages.
- It is highly recommended that students have two monitors, microphone, video camera, and earphones.
In-person students (when available) need to bring a laptop with wireless lan to tap into lab equipment provided.
|IT Pro Masters Packaging for MSIX
A 4-day (in-person) or 8 half-days (when remote) hands-on class where you will learn the concepts, techniques, and latest tricks to be successful and packaging and configuring applications for delivery within the Enterprise using Microsoft MSIX.
Whether you use modern or traditional application delivery methods, the applications your company depends on must be customized, and in many cases remediated to work in today’s desktops. MSIX is the future for new applications, and while not all traditional applications will work in the MSIX container, this class will give you the ability to get the most application compatibility possible today.
1. Concepts of Packaging
- Principals and rules of Packaging
- Filter Drivers, Function hooking, and Dll Injection
- MSIX technology overview
- Principals of Redirection and Copy-on-Write
- Anatomy of an installer package and the Windows API
2. Overview of Delivery Options
- Including Configuration Manager, Intune, App Attach, PowerShell, and 3rd Party Managers.
3. Fundamentals of the MSIX Package Format and Runtime
4. Setting up VMs for Packaging and Testing
- Setting up a MSIX Capture Station
- Setting up a “Smoke Test” Station
5. Packaging with App-V and MSIX
- Hands-on Labs covering Best Practices, VFS techniques, Modification Packages, Plug-Ins, AppInstaller updates, Shared Package Containers, the PSF Fixes, and package scripts.
- PowerShell for MSIX
- Using MSX Packaging Tool
- The 7 fixups available from the PSF
- Using PsfTooling
- Using TMEditX
- Using other Third-party tools for MSIX
- MSIX App Attach, VHD/X and CIM
6. Debugging Techniques for MSIX and apps in general
7. Conversion from App-V to MSIX
The price of this class is $3000USD per participant.
For this class we request that students for this class book through TMurgent. If you contact one of our regular partner training centers they may also make arrangements with us.
|This course is open to the public via the registration below through TMurgent (or your local partner in certain regions).
|$3000 USD per participant. Payable in advance by any major credit card (through PayPal), or by check or Purchase Order
To register via TMurgent, click on a button below:
Classes run 4 hours daily. Anticipated schedule is shown below, however course schedule varies significantly based on the needs of the students.
Introduction to MSIX
Packaging Labs Part 5
The three major portions of the class are:
- Concepts: Provides an in-depth understanding of the underlying concepts of Packaging, especially for Application Virtualization and MSIX. We also cover the "Windows API", from the prospective of the IT Pro - helping you to understand how the app intends to integrate with the OS and the End-User. With this core knowledge in place, you are now ready to learn the packaging techniques.
- MSIX Packaging: The other heart of the class. Demonstration of "best practice" techniques and techniques to package in MSIX and Psf, and issues to look out for and alternatives to consider.
- Debugging Skills. Provides a leveling-up in your ability to understand how Microsoft Windows and Applications interact, and practical use of the many tools available to debug broken applications and systems.