Received the initial package. While I confirmed the behavior, the issue turns out to be a bad package. You cannot add it to the client, you cannot extract the files using a zip utility either. Each method provides differing symptoms, but debugging reveals that the files have a bad crc inside the package.
TMEdit breaks a package of mine when saving as new version (not save as branch).
After saving the package all (two) files in the package-root are empty (0kb).
I tried TMEdit version 184.108.40.206 and the latest 220.127.116.11.
The package doesn't have machine registry keys, and only holds two files in the package-root. VFS is empty.
But adding some dummy files into the VFS or dummy registry keys doesn't solve anything, files are still saved as empty files.
I'm happy to send you my package, no license files or copywrite binaries are included.