This class will be conducted by Tim Mangan
Online class for remote participation.
Class # 117
As part of the class you will receive the 3 Companion Guides.
Over 450 pages of what some call "the missing Packaging Books".
For remote students these may be delivered prior to the class to either your company or to individual home addresses. Please specify when registering.
Packaging in App-V & MSIX
June 5 - 16, 2023
US/West daily class schedule for 10-day
Presented by TMurgent Technologies
Status: OPEN SEATS AVAILABLE
TMurgent is continuing our world renowned App-V and MSIX training with remote learning. With the on-going pandemic hanging on, we hear from some customers that they need the training but just still can't travel.
This class is widely considered to be the ultimate place to learn about App-V and MSIX Packaging, and will be delivered remotely, allowing you to train from work or home without travel.
|Book With Confidence / No Cancelation Policy: Whenever a single student is registered and confirmed for a class, we will not cancel the class. Period.
The Experts Level App-V and MSIX Packaging class will be run by TMurgent. This 10-day class (4 hours/day) will provide you with both theory and practical hands-on experience in our training lab. This class is both for those who are new to App-V and/or MSIX, and those with prior experience already.
The class will be held online at a time equally convenient to Europeans and Americans.
Note: The class is a 10-day class for 4 hours each day.
The course is designed for people with a general background in IT and/or Packaging. We take students with or without prior experience in App-V.
There are no hard pre-requisites to be able to take the class, however, the following are helpful:
- Knowledge and experience with general Microsoft Server Administration.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL Server Administration.
- Experience with other "packaging" techniques helpful.
- Experience with App-V Administration and Sequencing.
Remote students (only) will be required to build your own VMs at your site prior to the start of the class:
- Each student will require two Windows VMs.
- Our pre-class prep kit will provide detailed written instructions, a video introduction to building the VMs, and installers for the tools needed.
- Any type of hypervisor may be used, but the student must have access to create and revert to "snapshots".
- You will need additional storage on a share for the application installers and created packages.
- It is highly recommended that students have two monitors, microphone, video camera, and earphones.
In-person students (when available) need to bring a laptop with wireless lan to tap into lab equipment provided.
|IT Pro Experts Packaging for App-V & MSIX
A hands-on class where you will learn the concepts, techniques, and latest tricks to be successful and packaging and configuring applications for delivery within the Enterprise using both Microsoft App-V and MSIX.
Whether you use modern or traditional application delivery methods, the applications your company depends on must be customized, and in many cases remediated to work in today’s desktops. MSIX is the future for new applications, you will also need App-V because MSIX will be much more work for older apps and is currently incompatible with many of your apps.
- Concepts of Packaging
- Principals and rules of Packaging
- Anatomy of an installer package and the Windows API
- Principals of Redirection and Copy-on-Write
- Layering, Filter Drivers, Function hooking, and Dll Injection
- Overview of Delivery Options
- Including App-V Server, SCCM, Intune, Store for Business, and PowerShell
- Fundamentals of the App-V Package Format and Runtime
- Fundamentals of the MSIX Package Format and Runtime
- Setting up VMs for Packaging and Testing
- Setting up an App-V Sequencing Station
- Setting up a MSIX Capture Station
- Setting up a “Smoke Test” Station
- Packaging with App-V and MSIX
- 7 Hands-on Labs covering App-V Best Practices, VFS and PVAD techniques, Plug-Ins, Connection Groups, RunVirtual, Pellucidity, Scripting, Templates, and Advanced Functions.
- 7 Hands-on Labs covering MSIX Best Practices, VFS and Specified Install Folder techniques, Modification Packages, PSF Fixes.
- PowerShell for App-V and MSIX
- Debugging Techniques for App-V and MSIX
- Using Third Party Tools with App-V and MSIX
- Conversion from App-V to MSIX
The price of this class is $3000USD per participant.
We request students from certain regions book through our training partners in their area, all other please register directly with TMurgent.
Registration: Benelux Region and all in-person participants:
Registration Czech Region (Remote students only):
Registration anywhere else:
|This course is open to the public via the registration below through TMurgent (or your local partner in certain regions).
|€ 2995,00 per participant. Payable in advance by any major credit card (through PayPal), or by check or Purchase Order
|To register via TMurgent, click on the link below:
Classes run 4 hours daily. Anticipated schedule is shown below, however course schedule varies significantly based on the needs of the students.
Introduction to App-V
Windows API +
The three major portions of the class are:
- Concepts: Provides an in-depth understanding of the underlying concepts of Packaging, especially for Application Virtualization and MSIX. We also cover the "Windows API", from the prospective of the IT Pro - helping you to understand how the app intends to integrate with the OS and the End-User. With this core knowledge in place, you are now ready to learn the packaging techniques.
- App-V Sequencing: The heart of the class. Demonstration of "best practice" techniques and techniques to tackle a variety of application types that do not deploy easily.
- MSIX Packaging: The other heart of the class. Demonstration of "best practice" techniques and techniques to package in MSIX and Psf, and issues to look out for and alternatives to consider.