26 Angela Street
Canton, MA 02021 USA
Launched in 2002, TMurgent provides Consulting Services to companies dealing with
Server Based and Hosted Application issues.
Founder Tim Mangan
Founder Tim Mangan has over 25 years of experience in developing software and systems.
Prior to starting TMurgent, he has worked as a developer, researcher, and an executive
at companies including ComputerVision, Infinet, Memotec, Teleglobe, Avanti Communications,
TyLink, Sync Research, Wells Fargo, Software Wow, and Softricity.
Examples of TMurgent engagements...
- Patented CPU Optimization software. This software product was designed and
sold by TMurgent from 2002 - 2004 through the reseller and integrator channel.
It enhanced the CPU scheduling of Microsoft Operating Systems and was widely used
in the Terminal Server / Citrix environment.
- This patented Quality of Service approach to properly balancing the opearating system
was later sold to triCerat and is currently sold by them under the name "Simplify
WMI Provider for Citrix and/or Terminal Servers
- Developed a highly efficient custom WMI provider for a vendor in the Application
Performance Management (APM) space.
- Provided Server, Session, and Application detail from the operating system.
- Provided tie-in to End-user generated statisics.
- Provided tie-in to back-end components also. This allowed for a complete "end
to end" view of application performance.
Server Load Balacer
- Developed prototype of a advanced load balancer for Terminal Servers for a vendor.
USB Support under ICA
- Developed software to provide client side USB support to an ISV for an application to run on the Citrix Server.
- Founder Tim Mangan was previously with Softricity, where he guided the development
of the SoftGrid platform as VP of Engineering. later, as VP of Technology
there, he spearheaded the Sequencer and designed the original Sequencer Training
Course. This experience allowed TMurgent to provide outsourced sequencing services.
- TMurgent has provided consulting services to sequence applications with SoftGrid
for countless enterprises and resellers around the world.
- TMurgent provided Softricity with outsourced Quality Assurance Testing of the SoftGrid
platform on Server 2003.
- TMurgent has provided customized on-site SoftGrid training courses.
Citrix Application Readyness
- Provided Application ISVs with a unique "Application Analysis Service" that analyzes
an application for readyness for deployment in Terminal Server and Citrix environments.
Analysis typically consists of two parts for two different audiences.
- An external
white paper details correct installation procedures and adaptations needed for use
in this envronment. This paper is intended for (potential)
customer distribution to boldly say "Yes, we support Citrix"!
- The internal paper is for the ISV internal development organization
to improve the product in the next release such that adaptations will no longer
- Tim Mangan is available for speaking at conferences in areas related to technology
used in this space.
- Video based training is available from the web-site.
- On-site training related to Softricity at Integrators and End User sites.
- On-site education on Server Based and Hosted Computing to ISV and Hardware Manufacturers.
- TMurgent is known for providing independent, high-quality, research oriented white
papers that are available from the website.
- Researched and written by Founder Tim Mangan, these papers explain complex technology
in clear and easy to understand terms, without a marketing or product pitch to get
in the way.
- Past papers by Mr. Mangan have been published by the International Journal of Network
Management and by the Brian Madden Company.
- TMurgent also provides technical reviews for other publications.