I'm testing TMEdit, as I love some of the options that it has. I ran some of my packages through it, but it's yet to spit out one that works. Maybe I'm just missing something?
When attempt to add one of the .APPV files to a client, I get the following error:
Add-AppvClientPackage : Package manifest is invalid. Validation of elements in AppV namespace failed.
Operation attempted: Retrieve Package and Version IDs From Package URL.
AppV Error Code: 1400000007.
Please consult AppV Client Event Log for more details.
At line:1 char:1
+ Add-AppvClientPackage '\\server\share$\path\iS ...
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidResult: ( [Add-AppvClientPackage], ClientException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : RetrieveGuidsFromPackageURL,Microsoft.AppV.AppvClientPowerShell.AddAppvPackage
Also, this package was 380MB. I updated the package to a new version of the software and it was 381MB. I then opened it up in TMEDIT and saved a new package with max compression enabled (I like this idea, a lot!!!) and the new version it saved (after editing and compiling binaries) was 657MB!!!!