|5.0.3361.0||SP 2||Nov 7, 2013||*||I||I/U||Included in MDOP 2013 R2 release|
The primary things included in the release are:
- Support for Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Folder redirection for AppData support improvements
- Improvements to package upgrades
- Virtualizing Office 2013 and 2010
- Separation of Client Management from Installer
- SideBySide support for VC++ and MSXML runtimes
- Publishing Refresh Improvements
- Added Client Configuration Settings
- Support for many Shell extensions
Additionally I have detected client performance improvements in SCS Mode scenarios.
The release is available via the MSDN and Global Volume sites. It was may have also been available for TechNet subscribers. There are three release vehicles, MDOP, RDS, and Hosting Providers, but all appear to include the same bits.
The version is a full installer that may be installed on clean client or sequencer machines. The Client installer will also in-place update an installation of 5.0 and above. As always, the Sequencer must be a clean install. There is no Server installer. You must use the SP1 installer, and then you must add Hotfix 2 to the server to get the support for Windows 8.1/2012 R2.
- TechNet Primary Link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn508408.aspx
- TechNet Release Notes: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn508411.aspx
- Springboard Announcement: http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/springboard/archive/2013/12/10/mdop-2013-r2-app-v-5-0-sp2-visual-c-vc-runtimes-overview.aspx
- App-V Team Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/appv/archive/2013/12/02/app-v-5-0-r2-and-ue-v-2-0-are-now-available.aspx